Communication > Announcement
|Title||IAEA-KAERI-WCI e-Learning Course on Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiois…|
We are pleased to announce that the IAEA-KAERI-WCI e-Learning Course on Diagnostic
and Therapeutic Radioisotopes and Radiopharmaceuticals Application will take
place on August 5(Monday) to 30(Friday), 2019. This course will be organized by
the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in cooperation with the Korea
Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI) and World Council on Isotopes (WCI).
The objective of this course is to strengthen the transfer of crucial knowledge and practical skills to technical professionals in the radiopharmaceutical field, and thus they can build the skills needed to manage radioisotopes and radiopharmaceuticals for diagnostic and therapeutic applications in their home countries.
The course will take place over 4 weeks, providing a kick-off meeting, closing meeting, lectures, discussions, Q&A, assignments, quizzes, and a final examination.
The lectures will cover the following;
- Module 1: Radiochemistry
- Module 2: Radioisotopes
- Module 3: Radiopharmaceuticals.
The participants should be qualified or experienced in the following;
- Proficient in English with good listening comprehension and communication skills in order to actively participate in the training course without difficulty.
- The applicants should be employed by governmental authorities, organizations, medical or R&D institutes or regulatory bodies involved in the radiopharmaceutical field. However, medical technologists who operate radiological instruments are excluded.
- Possess at least a scientific or technical bachelor’s degree.
- Observation: the candidate must certify that his (her) Institution has the required Hardware and software (described in Procedure of Learning) before sending the nomination.
Nominations for the training course were submitted to the IAEA online through the Technical Cooperation Department’s In Touch system (http://intouch.iaea.org), no later than 30 April 2019. In addition, the selection of the nominees was already finalized by the IAEA.
The participants should cover all expenses (e.g., web-camera, headset, software, computer, Internet connection, studio rental, etc.) necessary to participate in the e-learning course.
For more information, please see the attachment-Prospectus.
KOICA-IAEA Joint Training Programme on Establishment of Long-Term Management Plan by Strengthening Capacity for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radioisotopes and Radiopharmaceutical Application from 23 September to 4 October 2019 in Korea